Thursday, 7 February 2013

WIP: Skew Socks

The first Skew sock is finished! Contrary to my expectations, these socks are easy to knit if you keep to the instructions exactly. I made no changes whatsoever and the first sock even fits. Some knitters have said that it is a bit tight around the top of the foot and that they would need a bigger gusset, but so far so good. I do have a high instep, but sock number 1 is okay. If, however, it decides to shrink even just a little bit in the wash, I may not get my foot back in it anymore!
The unusual construction of these socks doesn't come across in the pictures yet, but I hope to take better ones once the second sock is done too. I especially like the swirl at the back of the heel that comes from grafting the section together. I also like the diagonal shaping because you can see it thanks to the colourful yarn.
Sock number 2 won't be long, I suspect. I am going to graft the heel today and then I'm already at the start of the cuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment