Monday, 18 February 2013

What to Knit Next?

I am in a bit of a pickle. Once again I can't decide what to knit even though I have lots of yarn in my stash and lots of favourites on Ravelry. Of course there are my WIPs: two lace shawls and the Beekeeper's Quilt, but they are all long-term projects. Also, one of the shawls I would really love to continue with now has somehow gone wrong and I suspect I have to start all over again! I am not in the mood for that, especially since it means undoing all the beading too.

So now I am thinking about a small project such as socks (again). I recently received a lovely hand-dyed skein of sock yarn as a gift from Andrea who owns Atelier Zauberelfe. The images on her website do not make the yarn justice - it is lovely! The colours remind me of my own hand-dyed yarns, actually. However, the material feels a little rough, but certainly sturdy enough for socks.
I got Colour for the Ladies: Katharina. Now, if I hadn't just knit the Skew socks, I would have used this yarn for them! I am having a tough time finding something suitable without too much patterning so that the yarn's colours come through. In the meantime, my Beekeeper's Quilt is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment