Friday, 15 February 2013

FO: Skew Socks

It's been a few days since I finished my Skew socks, so it is high time I blogged about it!

They are lovely, fit well and I really enjoyed knitting them. I suspect I may be making them again if I happen to have yarn that is just too colourful for my taste. I do prefer semisolid colourways for socks since they show off patterns so much better so this skein of Dornröschen Wolle could only be used for a plain sock pattern without any lacy bits or cabling.
I especially like how the heel came out with the yarn, making it look swirly and interesting. I found it rather difficult to take pictures of these socks so I may try again at a later date. The photos don't do them justice! These really are wonderful socks.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty. I love the color. And the heel is really cool. I thought at first you did it with some cool unknown stitch style. They look so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swirly heel is the result of using the kitchener stitch to sew together two bits of the heel. I was afraid I might mess it up, but it worked fine. The sock construction is very interesting, which is why I loved making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look really cosy Nadia, you'll need them now the weather has turned again!
    gemma :)

    ReplyDelete