Monday, 28 January 2013

Stockholm Scarf

After exactly seven days of knitting and 4 skeins of Fyberspates Scrumptious Chunky,  my Stockholm Scarf is finished and ready to wear. It is 11" wide instead of the required 14" mentioned in the pattern and 32" long unstretched. At some point I may buy another skein and knit a few more rows to get closer to the intended dimensions.
Oddly enough, you can't make out the pattern in the fabric at all. It may change as the scarf stretches with wear, I suppose. However, I do like how the pattern is reversible - it made weaving in the ends very difficult though.
I love how it turned out! It is my first loop scarf and I am surprised how much I disliked the idea of such scarves before knitting my own. Should I ever forget my hat, I can turn the scarf into a hood/scarf combo, which is great too! Today the scarf was very useful and comfy to wear on my way to a cocktail night with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment