Tuesday, 22 January 2013

On the Needles Now: Stockholm Scarf

You see, I have had 3 or 4 skeins of wonderfully soft and shiny Fyberspates Scrumptious Chunky in slate for about 2 or 3 years now not knowing what to knit with  it. The yarn is too nice to just knit anything with, I thought, but waiting for that one elusive project was taking forever. First, I tried to knit a bolero that was almost completely done when I realised it just wouldn't sit right when I put it on. Also, I didn't quite like the feeling of the yarn on my skin as a garment like that. I can't explain why, but I suspect it is just the fact that it is a chunky yarn with lots of silk. I have the same yarn as lace, which is wonderful to wear. So that got frogged and a half-finished bolero waited in a zipper bag until just recently.
(Image: knittedblissJC)
Now I have found the right project that is definitely the best thing to make in this winter weather: the Stockholm Scarf. Even though the pattern calls for DK rather than chunky yarn, it doesn't really matter when  it comes to such a large infinity scarf. I am using 6mm circs and have cast on the required number of stitches (in fact, you can omit 2 sts when knitting with circs). 

I hope that I have enough yarn to make the scarf 14" wide as stated in the pattern. If not, I may have to splurge on yet another skein just for the hell of it. I want this scarf to be huge and warm! (Can you tell I am freezing?)

No comments:

Post a Comment