Friday, 7 December 2012

WIP: Advent Calendar Scarf 2012 - Day 7

There may not have been any great challenges while knitting the Advent Calendar Scarf, but today was filled with a slight bit of trepidation. Why? Dropped stitches. Not the accidental kind, but the deliberate dropping of stitches in day 7's pattern.

Just as I finished the first few rows of it, I realised that I had accidentally dropped a stitch somewhere. Not a problem, I just picked it up and knit on. In the back of my head, though, I worried about how this might effect the pattern once I finished it and would be forced to drop stitches. It could be quite disastrous and instead of the drop stopping where it is meant to, it could go all the way down the entire scarf, thus ruining my work of the past week. 

Well, there was nothing else I could do. I just had to finish knitting and see what would happen in the end. I got to the final row and started dropping stitches... 
... and it worked! Each column of dropped stitches ended just where it was meant to. My four hours of knitting were not in vain! Huzzah!

In the Ravelry group dedicated to this KAL, some people weren't happy about having to drop stitches because this makes the scarf almost twice as wide as the previous sections. However, I decided to trust the pattern and I hope the designer knows what she is doing. I must say though that the scarves without dropped stitches are also looking great. Everyone has done a very good job so far.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster award. It is a way of getting blogs recognized, and creating more followers. The link to what you have to do is on my page: Good luck.

    http://www.mindfulpresents.com/2012/12/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Nadja,
    sieht klasse aus! Ich fühle mich damit noch total überfordert :-(
    Herzliche Grüße
    Heike

    ReplyDelete