Sunday, 16 December 2012

WIP: Advent Calendar Scarf 2012 - Day 16

We're now more than halfway through the KAL and I have managed to keep up, to my surprised. I was away almost all day yesterday and had a had time catching up with that day's pattern. I was finally done at midnight. 

Here are a few shots of the (unblocked) patterns since day 7:
It's fun to be part of such a KAL, but I am very annoyed by the many errors in the patterns every day. If I remember correctly, there was just one day without errors. Also, the English translations sometimes contain errors. On day 15 this led to completely different patterns as knit by German speakers and English speakers. The English ones were totally mangled and didn't look nice at all.

It's not a very original scarf. It is a sampler of different patterns that is easily assembled if you have stitch dictionaries, which is why I haven't joined the scores of others who have heaped praise on the designer/assembler. However, the good thing about it is that you have a very special scarf at the end that is special because of the occasion rather than anything else. Having knit throughout the Advent season is an achievement and contributes to the enjoyment of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment