Monday, 5 November 2012

A Spare Ball of Yarn

After finishing my Woodland Hoodlet a long time ago, I was left with a random ball of Rowan Big Wool. I had no idea what to make from it other than a hat, but as I had only just made the perfect hat around the same time I wasn't going to make another for myself. So last week I decided to knit a hat to sell in my shop.

Easier said than done! I think I frogged a number of different hats 5 times in total until I finally ended up with a simple classic beret. It looks good and I hope to take pictures with someone modelling it soon. Unfortunately, berets do not suit me at all!
It's the right weather for hats now and we even had some snow yesterday. Of course it has all melted away again now and the sun is shining. There is no way I am leaving the house without a hat though!
 


3 comments:

  1. This looks really good. Unfortunatly, I can´t wear anything on my head. Everything looks really stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic - I am in the midst of teaching myself how to knit - it's a slow process but I can't wait to make things like this!
    www.AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micha, that's too bad! I like hats and most of them suit me - but with knitted hats its different for some reason.

    Ahka, good luck with knitting! I taught myself as well and am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete