Monday, 29 October 2012

WIP: Beekeeper's Quilt

When I started the Beekeeper's Quilt, I suspected it might turn into a three-year project or something along those lines. As it happens, it's been almost a year since I began. After 11 months I have reached 40% of the total minimum number of hexipuffs. This is what it looks like, a heap of 149 hexipuffs:
So far I have used a whole 450 g bag of fibre filling in those hexipuffs and just bought another one and I still have lots of leftover sock yarn too. I am not entirely sure where to store all the finished puffs so I may well need to buy a large box to keep them in or move some of my fibre and yarn stash around to make room.

However long it may take me to finish the project, I might need to knit a few more hexipuffs because I might make the quilt twice as large. This way I can use it on the double bed or wrap up in it properly. Also, I have been thinking about knitting a tiny quilt to cover the seat of my ultra-comfy Ikea armchair. But once that's done too, that will be it! No more hexipuffs, ever!

Although... never say never.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a lot of work and yet I bet it'll be so comfy and nice when its all done. I have a blanket I call the blanket from hell, it took me a year to almost complete..for a variety of reasons..and it's still not done. I have to sew in all nine million ends, hee hee. That doesn't stop us from using it though,lol

    Did you find a cushion insert? Ikea-over here anyway-had down cushions. I'm going to use them when I make couch pillows. So squishy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Von Hexipuffdingerstrickerin zu Hexipuffdingerstrickerin ;-) ich würde die Dinger gleich zusammennähen. So siehst du super nen Fortschritt. Mich motiviert es immer unheimlich wenn ich wieder ein paar Hexipuffdinger (sorry, ich liebe dieses Wort) an mein Deckchen genäht habe. Mittlerweile kann ich schon meine Oberschenkel zudecken.
    Weiter viel Durchhaltevermögen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micha, mit dem Naehen warte ich lieber, damit ich meine Farben dann sortieren kann, wenn alle fertig sind. Ich will wenn moeglich einen Farbverlauf haben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I admire your patience! I bet it'll look cool when it's done, though!

    ReplyDelete