When I started the Beekeeper's Quilt, I suspected it might turn into a three-year project or something along those lines. As it happens, it's been almost a year since I began. After 11 months I have reached 40% of the total minimum number of hexipuffs. This is what it looks like, a heap of 149 hexipuffs:
So far I have used a whole 450 g bag of fibre filling in those hexipuffs and just bought another one and I still have lots of leftover sock yarn too. I am not entirely sure where to store all the finished puffs so I may well need to buy a large box to keep them in or move some of my fibre and yarn stash around to make room.
However long it may take me to finish the project, I might need to knit a few more hexipuffs because I might make the quilt twice as large. This way I can use it on the double bed or wrap up in it properly. Also, I have been thinking about knitting a tiny quilt to cover the seat of my ultra-comfy Ikea armchair. But once that's done too, that will be it! No more hexipuffs, ever!
Although... never say never.