Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Two Hand-dyed Lace Cakes

These are two skeins of lace that I dyed quite a while back for my shop, but I only got around to winding them into cakes today. The problem was that we sold our dining table some weeks ago and the new table is actually a few millimetres too thick for me to attach my swift to. Unfortunately, I hadn't even thought about that when choosing the table!

After moving a side table around the room and moving other stuff about, I was finally able to get to it and so here are the finished cakes of hand-dyed laceweight yarn. I will be putting them in my shop soon - I have missed adding my yarns. This is the last hand-dyed lace for the moment as I intend to wait for more items to be sold before stocking up on new materials. It's hard to resist, I must admit! My fingers are itching to do some more dyeing, but I expect a large order of stitch markers to come in soon which will take up a lot of my time in the near future.

I wonder what will become of these two yarn cakes. They are enough for a pretty shawl and I hope they will appeal to lots of knitters.

2 comments: