Thursday, 27 September 2012

Two Hats, No Hat

Well, here I was getting all excited about a new hat for the rather crisp temperatures we're having lately - and it doesn't fit!

Shame. I was looking for a project for which I could use my lovely squishy handspun and I found two suitable patterns. First, I tried the Classic French Beret, but it turns out my spinning was totally different at the start compared to the rest of it. Somehow the beginning is a lovely DK weight, but then it reduces to sock yarn weight. Oh dear. So I started on the 21hours pattern that originally used Wollmeise Twin. Excuse the nipply picture.
Never having used it, I had no idea that it is not your usual fingering weight. Argh! I only noticed things really weren't working as I finished the hat and tried to put it on. Now, my head isn't as big as most people's, but the hat sure wasn't going to fit. 
So now I have no hat and a two-weight yarn I don't know what to do with. Maybe a cowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment