Friday, 24 August 2012

Gone Brazilian

Just when I though I could take a break from dyeing, a new parcel of undyed yarn came to my door. Honestly, I have no idea how that happened! Well, maybe.

I now have lace, superwash lace and superwash sock yarn sitting on my bed and I am tempted to get the gear out of the cupboard yet again. I have shamefully neglected my spinning, I must admit, and I am missing my wheel so I think I will sit down, choose some fibre, and get spinning later today. Definitely no more dyeing for now, oh no!

My latest attempts involved sock yarn from World of Wool that I hadn't ordered before. I was a bit disappointed by the loose plying - I bet no one in their right minds is going to make socks out of that! They wouldn't last. I am tempted to run one of the skeins through the wheel just to see if that's any better. Actually, might do that later instead of starting with new fibre.

In a desperate attempt to use up the horrid Hue & Dye dyes, I made this very Brazilian skein:
Absolutely Rio!
Not what I expected, but not bad either.

(Important note: This is the first time the dyes have actually worked on yarn, which is due to the fact that I use citric acid instead of vinegar now.)

Here are the photos of the dried skein of lace I wrote about in my last post. It hasn't got a name yet, but the colours are lovely. Here I used a mix of Ashford and Luvotex dyes, both of which I like very much.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment