Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Narwhals, Jars and Ruffles

It's been a while since I last made stitchmarkers out of Fimo, but yesterday I felt like doing something creative again (i.e. something other than knitting and spinning). So I looked at my stash and decided it called for a set of narwhals! They turned out really nicely even though they do remind me of birds at times. Just look at their little horns!
Recently, I discovered Mason jar pincushions and have been wanting to make one ever since. Luckily, I finally found the right type of preserve jar (from Kilner) and have lots of fabric left from clothes I have been meaning to get rid of. Armed with a glue gun, I set about making the pincushion of my dreams. Sadly, it wasn't nearly as easy as I had expected! It took me two or three attempts to get it right because either the pincushion was oddly shaped or the lid wouldn't close in the end. Finally, it worked and I am now the proud owner of my own pin cushion jar that holds all my sewing odds and ends.
 Of course I did knit as well and managed a ruffle scarf in a few hours. Mark's mum sent the yarn (Katia Bossa Nova) to me because she couldn't knit with it and wasn't sure about the colour. I must say, it is really odd to knit and I wouldn't want to do it very often either! However, it was fast and something different.


3 comments:

  1. Those stitch markers are adorable. Narwhals are the unicorns of the sea XD. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lov'n the narwhals! The mason jar pin cushion is an excellent idea. I must warn you, I intend to copy it. The idea is totally Pinterest quality! And your scarf looks lovely on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! Feel free to copy the mason jar pin cushion - I got the idea from Pinterest in the first place. ;)

      Delete