Monday, 14 May 2012

Pretty Little Lavender Pouches

At Wonderwool my friend Verena bought a bag of lavender for her closet and asked me if I could knit some little pouches like the ones we saw there. I figured they were really easy to make and since I have lots of unloved acrylic yarn left in my stash from the early knitting days, I said it's no problem at all. 



I love these pouches! I cast on 30 stitches using 2.5mm DPNs and simply improvised the design. I've only got three colours to choose from, but once I am tired of combining colours, I may try knitting some textured pouches instead. These really are a quick knit if you are bored, but don't want to start anythign that will take you long to finish. At the end you bind off, fill the pouch with lavender, and sew the edges together. A very satisfying little knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment