Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Meet My First Spinning Wheel

Ashford Traveller
Single Treadle
Single drive
I have been thinking about getting a spinning wheel for a while now, but considering the cost and the lack of space in our tiny studio flat, it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Or so I thought.

Then today I came across a lady on Ravelry who wanted to sell her wheel because she wasn't using it as much. She said she was based in a city near me, that the wheel was in fact in my town, and the price was so good that I was immediately tempted. Still I hesitated considering I have no money coming in at the moment and wondering if this was the best time to buy something costing triple digits.

(All images: Pumpkinjelly)

The answer: yes, it was! I very much doubt I will find anything as convenient and as reasonably priced as this Ashford Traveller. As a first wheel, it is probably my best choice at the moment and I am really excited about it. If all goes well, the wheel will be here on Thursday evening and I will also get a demo so that I know what I am doing.

Link
I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment