Sunday, 23 October 2011

Fish and a Wrap

Quite a bit of knitting has been going on lately even though I don't have that much time for it at the moment. I was given the pattern for the lovely Swedish Fish Socks that I instantly fell in love with. That very same week I bought some undyed sock yarn from Bluefaced.com and finally found a good use for another multicoloured sock yarn I was given from a German RAKer.

I've not knitted with more than one colour before, at least not properly, so I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. Luckily, the pattern is very easy and you don't need to have it with you while knitting the shaft. Just repeat what you've done before, and if you're unsure, check what you did in a previous repeat without needing to consult the printed pattern. Now I will be moving on to the heel and that's where it might get tricky because heel and sole also use both yarns.

On another note, it's been so freezing cold in the office that I decided I really need to knit more jumpers and wraps. So now I have started a buttoned shoulder wrap whose pattern instructions are annoying, to say the least. You have to guess a lot as to when you are meant to do what, and it drives me crazy. It will look good when/if I ever finish it. Thankfully, using Rowan Big Wool means it won't really take long. However, the bit you see in the image below is what I have to unravel again because I forgot something important about short-row knitting.

Of course it wasn't ever mentioned in the pattern and now I have some huge holes in there. Well, I might start from scratch and CO a smaller size anyway. I don't even want to think about how much yarn I might need for this. I bought all 6 balls of yarn that were in the shop that day and the image shows almost a complete ball already. That's not a lot of wrap for that amount of yarn. I should do it soon - preferably before I catch a cold.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fish socks :) The colour changing of the coloured yarn works brilliantly against the white of the background!

    ReplyDelete