Thursday, 4 August 2011

Book: Big Girl Knits

I've had this book on my wishlist for a while and last week I found it just by chance in a shop that was having a sale. Lucky me, I got it for all of £3.99! Now I am very glad I went there on a whim.

Though I haven't yet taken a close look at it, I can tell that it will come in handy if I ever try to knit a jumper at last. There is lots of information about what you need to think about if you are a larger lady and have to adapt patterns to suit your body shape. Of course there are also a number of patterns, many of which I may not want to use, but there is the odd jumper or accessory I may consider.

All in all, I have the impression that it is a helpful book that focuses on information, advice and technical suggestions rather than a pattern book. I find this quite refreshing and look forward to immersing myself in it properly at a later date. I am very glad I bought it, especially for this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment