Saturday, 2 July 2011

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round

Black-Rose from Ravelry fulfilled this month's RAK wish for me only minutes after I posted it in the group. Ever since Helen brought her new spindle to knit club a while ago, I have been wanting to try it myself. So I wished for a spindle for lace-weight yarn and some fiber to begin with. Black-Rose was very generous to fulfil my wish just like that and I received her package the very next day.

I don't know if she knew, but she got the colours of the fibre just right. The blue is nice and I especially like the purple. Above, you can see my first attempt at spinning yarn and it is a little uneven here and there, but I am discovering how to do it best. It is quite addicting and I spent last night spinning till late because I was too excited to be tired. I really like this new hobby of mine and hope that I will have many a chance to practice and improve.

I am curious to see how much yarn I get out of the fibre and what it will look like when knitted up. Can you believe I haven't done any knitting in the past two days?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Have a wonderul time while spinning!

    ReplyDelete