Sunday, 5 June 2011

Prismatic II - Déjà Vu

Link
Yes, I knitted the Prismatic scarf once before. Yes, it was also for Mark. And, yes, I said I would never knit him anything again since he has lost exactly 50% of the items I ever knitted for him. But then again knitting is an addiction and rational thinking has little to do with it at times, so here I am with another scarf for Mark.

I noticed that the designer has updated the pattern, which was a good thing because the one I used the first time around didn't incorporate the i-cord edging in the chart. That's why the first scarf didn't have a nice edging at all and it annoyed me that I couldn't get it right. At that point I hadn't knitted i-cords before so I had no idea what she was going on about anyway. So this new scarf is finally error free and I still love the stitch pattern.

The scarf got blocked this morning after I finished the second ball of Alafoss Lopi pure wool. I loved how thick the yarn was, but I still really dislike the way it feels. It is incredibly scratchy and I certainly wouldn't want it anywhere near my skin. Mark chose the yarn and didn't seem to mind, so that's good.

The only thing that I am not happy with regarding the finished product is the fact that it is too wide and too short. I didn't know how much I would get out of the yarn and really the scarf could do with another ball. Or I should have cast on fewer stitches. Luckily, Mark seems very happy with the result and he will finally be able to keep warm in the winter.

Let's just hope he doesn't lose this scarf as well!

2 comments:

  1. The first scarf I made for my husband was knitted width-wise and thus it was too short as well. ;) I really love the prismatic stitch pattern. I am whishing Mark much fun with it!
    I am just knitting another scarf, too. But it will take some time until it is finished since it is pretty "fall-asleep-boring" and can only be done while talking (at a knitting meeting for example).

    ReplyDelete