Friday, 17 June 2011

Knit Happens


So it does.

Today Mark and I went to visit a friend of his. I had never been at his place before and was looking forward to visiting. I estimated the train journey to take 20 minutes, followed by a 30 minute walk to the house. I have no idea what gave me that idea.

In the end, the train ride took an hour. Of course I had nothing with me: no music, no book, NO KNITTING! I thought I could pass 20 minutes without needing any of it, but who would have guessed it would take us that long! Maybe I should simply have asked...

As for the 30 minute walk, that was estimated according to Mark's very speedy walking speed. In the end that took 45 minutes, possibly more, and all in all I have walked between 2-3 hours between Bath and Yate today. Had I known, I would have worn more sensible shoes.

Tomorrow: knitting. All day. It's either that or sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment