Monday, 20 June 2011

FO: Print o' the Wave

Two months after casting on, it is finally complete: Print o' the Wave, blocked to almost within an inch of its life!
I am incredibly proud of it. This is probably the largest project I ever got myself into (it's longer than me!) and I am thrilled that you can't really see the many mistakes I made along the way. Luckily, they were only in sections in which I could somehow make up for them. If you're not very closely looking for them, you won't find them. It even took me ages to spot the only two I could see.

After today's blocking, however, I can say with absolute certainty that I hate blocking. I am not good at it with larger projects, especially if I use pins instead of wires like I did this time. Of course, it doesn't help if you run out of pins halfway through either. I really need to get some more. Also, once I unpinned the shawl in the evening one small section of the edging decided it would rather curl up instead of forming points. Well, I shall have to do that bit again then, won't I?

I almost had to postpone the blocking session when I realised that the numbered play mats I bought for the purpose were too few for this gigantic shawl. As if I had known this would happen, I had kept the receipt and promptly exchanged the mats for these ones below. 26 are definitely better than 10.

Now, where to store them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment