Sunday, 8 May 2011

WIP: Print o' the Wave and a New Project


I am making progress with Print o' the Wave. For the most part, my issues with the number of stitches has magically resolved itself. Even though I happened to have an extra stitch sometimes, you can't actually tell when you look at the result. At least that's the impression I have so far without have a blocked shawl. It may be quite a different matter once it's been stretched to within an inch of its life.

The Scrumptious lace yarn is incredibly soft and I love knitting with it. So far I have finished 27 of the 34 lace pattern repeats for the centre panel, so the end is slowly coming into sight. As such, it doesn't really take long to knit, I have the impressen. Still, last evening I timed my knitting and it turns out I need about an hour for just one repeat over 12 rows. I am looking forward to the final result and hope making the edging will be straightforward.

However, since I have only been knitting this shawl without having any other projects going, I also can't wait to start something new. Particularly, having all this new yarn at home isn't helping matters. I have found use for one of the new skeins of Noro Kureyon I bought in Exeter (where I didn't knit a single stitch for a week despite having my shawl with me). I want to make the Kleine Bachforelle, a german pattern that is also available as an English translation. That said, I wll most likely use the English one since I am not that used to German knitting terms despite my being German. The pattern also uses beads, so right now I am on the lookout for the kind of 4mm Rocailles that our local bead shop does not seem to have. Looks like an online purchase is in order sometime soon. I guess if I already had the beads, I'd start that pattern right now!

Image: Ute Sturm (Ravelry)

I will try to make that shawl twice as wide if I can. I am a little confused by the pattern because it looks far too confusing for such a simple thing. I hope I can get my head around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment