Thursday, 26 May 2011

Knit Club @ Wool Bath


Finally, I came around to taking some pictures of our knit club this week. See the absence of biscuits and other treats? We were good this Wednesday and only had one packet of biscuits and, admittedly, one cake, both unintentionally but expertly hidden in the photos. Of course Laura offered us tea and coffee again so we were well cared for. There were quite a few of us and we had two dogs come to visit us as well. It was fun as always with lots of chatting, laughs, and knitting advice (not to mention networking with potential colleagues/employers).


I arrived in time to grab a seat on the comfy sofa and had enough space to spread out my knitting. I was struggling with getting the edging of my shawl started and connected to what I had already knitted. Luckily, it is easy now that I have done a part of it and I simply have to knit a 16-row repeat all the way round. Tiring, yes, but also worth it in the end, I'm sure.

It is always hard to knit in such a lovely shop and not come home with new yarn. Most of the time, I manage to resist. Alas, this time I couldn't wait any longer and bought a beautiful skein of Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace, the same I am making the shawl from. This time, though, I bought it in teal. The image doesn't even do it justice. It's just too pretty not to buy. Though I had nothing in particular in mind for it when I bought it, I think I shall knit the Bachforelle shawl in it instead of using Noro Kureyon. Should be lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see photos of the knitting meeting in the UK. We are everywhere, resistance is futile! ;)
    Surely, knitting an edging is tiring, no matter which technique you use. I cannot wait to see your Bachforelle!

    ReplyDelete