Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Kai-Mei - Done (ish)!

Good God, I'm glad it's done! That said, it may not be because even though I have finally finished knitting these socks after having had to basically knit one sock all over again, I realised while taking these pictures that one cuff is a little longer than the other. I have no idea how that is possible because I used a row counter all the way through. At the moment, I am not sure if I will undo the sock all over again or perhaps find another way to lengthen the cuff without unravelling everything.

Since this is a Cookie A design, I had expected the socks to be more comfortable than they turned out to be. What I like about her designs is that foot fit, especially at the heel. Here, too, the heel is a great fit, but due to the twisting pattern in the foot, it feels a little awkward and I keep wanting to rearrange the toe.

Other than all that I do like these socks. They were easy and fun to knit and I look forward to making some more of Cookie A's designs. I've already had to extend my library loan so I could keep her book a bit longer. I really need to get new ink cartridges for my printer/copier so I can take out what I want.

So now I haven't really got anything else to knit. There is the teddy I started, but I still have no idea what to do with the green fine 3-ply. I am hoping to find a suitable yarn for my jumper and may get lucky this evening at the knitting club meeting. Other than that things are pretty boring in the knitting department right now. I guess I might as well try extending the cuff of these Kai-Mei then.


Update: In the end, I undid the cast-on of the cuff, picked up the stitches and added 10 rows so that I now have a pair of socks that are exactly the same length. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment