Monday, 14 February 2011

Mojo 2 and Happy Feet

My feet are happy again: the second pair of Mojo socks is finally finished and it even seems as though both cuffs have the same length when worn. That isn't as easy as it sounds because the different kinds of ribbing behave differently too. In the end I didn't even look at the knitting pattern since it is quite simple. The heel is different from the original simply because I can't get my feet into any socks with an afterthought heel.


For this project, I used Regia's Vulcano Color yarn that I got as a Secret Santa gift from Natalie in Germany. I liked this colourway despite not generally liking Regia, but it was particularly suitable for Mojo socks. I sitll have one other skein left in a different colourway and haven't yet decided what to do with it. If I remember, I may finally go to one of the local knitting meetings on Wednesday and I might get ideas there.


At this point I am unsure as to what the next knitting project will be. There is the sock yarn, and I unexpectedly found Cookie A.'s latest sock pattern book in our library, so that is tempting. However, I still have a large amount of green lace yarn from Nina at Schafwoelkchen and there are so many things I could do with it. I need to try and narrow down the choice soon so I can get started on a larger project. At this point I amnot keen on making another shawl since I noticed I tend not to use one very often, at least not the pretty lacy kind. Maybe it will be a top next.



3 comments:

  1. The socks turned out great.
    I know what you mean regarding the lace shawls and not wearing them often. But with thin yarn, the yarn for the shawl usually is reasonably priced, you are busy for quite some time and something really beautiful results from your work. My next bigger project will be a warm shawl from Aran wool though. Maybe I will wear that more often. We'll see. :)
    Can't wait to see your next creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see from your profile that you're interested in Britain! What would you do to get an in-depth look at the landscape, customs, people, history, and cuisine of Great Britain? Fortunately, all you have to do is follow my blog at

    www.picturebritain.com

    Every day I post a picture, video, or recipe from Great Britain. Check it out, you might like what you find....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I... am already in the thick of it.

    ReplyDelete