Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Magic Mirror and Scottie Dogs

It seems as though I am back to my old multitasking self again. Right now I have a few projects on the go and the latest ones are my Magic Mirror socks and a baby cardigan.

These socks have been in my queue on Ravelry for ages and since I got some nice sock yarn for Christmas last year, I can finally knit them. It would look better in yarn of a single colour or with subtler shades, I suppose, but right now I am not being picky. After having had to begin knitting these socks three times, I finally found the right size for me. I am using 2mm needles and making the large size socks, which fit well. I am still just 2/3 through the first sock, though.


Beth and Dan revealed that they are having their first baby in August and of course I immediately knew I was going to knit something for it. Incidentally, I bought the latest issue of the Knitter recently for the first time in many months and it had a pattern for the Scottie dog cardigan that I thought would be a great way to learn how to knit a proper garment. It all went very well and very quickly too, but I have found that I really hate sewing in the loose ends! I do not mind assembling the pieces, however, which was rather fun to my surprise.


The cardigan still needs blocking before it is done, so I hope the intarsia will be smoother than it is at the moment. I guess I knitted it a bit too tight. I am not entirely happy with my colour choice, but there wasn't a lot to choose from in the shop at the time. What is more, Beth and Dan don't want to know whether the baby will be a boy or a girl, so I had to choose colours that would be neutral. I hope these are fine.

The buttons are from an old blouse of mine that I no longer have. Luckily, I tend to keep buttons for no particular reason and they do come in handy sometimes.

I may well knit some baby booties and a hat as well since there is a lot of yarn left. I would also like to knit myself a spring shrug, but can't find the right pattern. So I may have to improvise, which means lots of measuring and maths. Yikes!

3 comments:

  1. Danke für Deinen Kommentar. A propos "süß"! Das wollte ich Dir längst über Dein Babyjäckchen auch geschrieben haben! Die Seehunde (?) sind echt total klasse!
    schafwoelkchen blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normale Hunde. ;) Ist auf den Fotos schlecht zu sehen, das stimmt.

    Bald kann ich das Jaeckchen verschicken und bin auf die Rueckmeldung mal gespannt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting looks awesome. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete