Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Eat Your Veggies Baby Hat

It looks as though more friends of mine will be having babies this year, so it was a good thing I started practising my baby knits. The Eat Your Veggies baby hat was irresistible and finally I had an excuse to make it. It is tiny!

I am not entirely sure it will fit a newborn's head, but I hope it does. Right now I am knitting another one of these in white, though I may opt for something entirely different because I tend not to knit the same thing twice. Where is the fun in that?

I had to knit the hat with 3mm DPNs because the recommended size didn't look any good at all. To make up for the difference, I cast on more stitches, however. I used the same Sirdar Snuggly DK that I had for the baby cardigan earlier and I still have loads left. That is why I am considering making a jumper or something similar for the next baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment