Sunday, 21 February 2010

Cardigan and Socks

Even though I haven't posted lately, I have been knitting on and off since Christmas. One of these days iI may also have pictures to add, but at the moment I am not particularly happy with either one of the projects I have begun.

Firstly, there is that circular cardi I have been trying to make, but I don't have enough yarn to make it as big as I need it. However, it may yet fit once it is blocked, but right now I don't even know how or where to block it properly. That is why it will have to wait and I have no proper pictured. Eventually, it may not even fit at all and I will have to unravel everything, who knows.

Then there are the Outside In socks which, oddly enough, I am not going to wear inside out after all, I decided. I prefer the look of them that way. Somehow I had a problem with the pattern and ended up having to improvise a lot. Since the afterthought heel is no good for high insteps, I have had to make a different heel as well. Considering it has been ages since I made my last socks, it took me several tried to figure out exactly how I used to knit my favourite heel too. Oh dear.

I am not in any hurry to finish and neither project may get done as intended. Nonetheless, the yarns are beautiful and a present from my Secret Santa last year. I love the yarn, I just need to do something good with it.

1 comment:

  1. Ach, so einen Hänger hat doch jeder Mal. Ich freue mich auf jedenfall schon auf Fotos, Fotos, Fotos! LG
    schafwoelkchen blog

    ReplyDelete