Thursday, 1 January 2009

WIP: Lohengrin - One Sock to Go!

(Click on image for a clearer picture.)

2009 has startet well, obviously, and I finished my first Lohengrin socks this evening. They look very lovely and I only wish I could have got away with using 2.5 mm needles instead of 3 mm, but my feet are too wide. The pattern would have appeared tighter than it does now when I wear the sock, but it still is pretty as it is. The socks are perhaps a bit thinner than others I have made so far, but they keep my feet nicely warm even in our current cold temperatures. I am also very impressed by the good fit so that I am now liking the idea of cuff-down socks a little more than before.

I had no problems with the knitting and it was faster than I expected. I did half the foot last night while waiting for the New Year, actually, since there wasn't much else to do besides using up all the crackers and sparklers. One more sock to go and

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Nadia, die Socken sind ja echt toll geworden *dickes Kompliment* Da wirft sich bei mir natürliche auch gleich wieder die Frage auf: gibt es diese Anleitung vielleicht auch schon auf deutsch?

    Liebe Grüße
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete