Tuesday, 6 January 2009

EXFOLIATE!


One would think that I really don't have time for knitting every day now that I am getting ready for my doctoral defence and writing my talk. Still, it's been a busy day today and I managed to knit yet another face cloth. This one is for Mark, who is a big fan of Doctor Who. This is probably the best practical gift for when we move together, actually.

Materials:
  • half a skein Sugar 'n Cream, colourway 19983 (looks like army camouflage)
  • 5 mm circs
  • crochet hook to weave in ends
I used the Exfoliate! pattern I came across in my two-day search for such face cloths and it was easy except for the baubles that were a pain to knit with such thick unyielding yarn. Instead of making 5 sts out of one, I then resorted to only 4, which was still quite hard to do. I later noticed that ne bauble is out of line because I got mixed up with rows, but that's okay. It's still a Dalek and as dangerous as ever.

Now I'm in the mood for some Doctor Who, actually.

5 comments:

  1. Doctor WHO?
    I only know the robot Bender (Futurama) and the motif would also suit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't doing the crafts that you love the most the best stress relief? Lately I've been hooked to my new sewing machine! It's my way of unwinding! Did you open a Dewanda Store Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed a link from Ravelry. I don't suppose you still have the pattern? It seems to have been removed, and I was hoping to make my own Dalek cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rorek, you're right, apparently the pattern is gone now. I've not been able to find it anywhere else either and don't have it written down myself. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete