Tuesday, 2 December 2008

WIP: Mojo Modifications


A day after my last post I realised these socks would require more modifications than expected. For the future I must remember that I have to make the toe section a bit longer. The current one is too short, though it causes no problems while wearing. Also, even though I intended to knit the heel according to pattern, I realised it was impossible since it wasn't designed for people with high arches. Therefore I have had to add a gusset and am trying my hand at the Eye of the Partridge heel I described last month. Normally, I prefer the short-row heel, but I am very curious about this new one.

Other than that I think I shouldn't have used twisted stitch or maybe I should have added 4 sts to the over all sock. It seems quite snug due to the pattern. This may turn out quite fine when all is done, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good fit.

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Nadja,

    die Farbe gefällt mir sehr gut. Werden bestimmt wunderschöne Socken. Ich höre immer nur Mojo-Socken ;-) Was ist denn an denen so besonders bzw. wo bekommt man (Frau) denn solch eine Anleitung mal her? Würde das gerne auch mal ausprobieren ;-))

    LG Tanja

    ReplyDelete