Saturday, 27 December 2008

WIP: Lohengrin Socks

It's too hard to resist the new yarn so I simply had to begin my new Lohengrin socks. I wish I could start knitting the hand-dyed yarn as well now and maybe I will - I am running out of needles!

I spent a day knitting a bit ago only to unravel it all again in favour of using 3 mm needles intead of 2.5 mm. It looks better and should fit better as well. The colour is still as beautiful as I thought it would be when knit up like this. I am very happy with it and only wished Lohengrin was faster to knit. As it is, the pattern is so intricate that I have to focus on every single stitch and stick to the chart, which makes it all a rather slow process. It's not the sort of pattern you can memorise easily, so who knows when the first sock will be done.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the outcome of these socks! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas too! ~:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is really great!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete