Thursday, 25 December 2008

Christmas 2008

Top left: Schoppel-Wolle, Admiral Ombré, dye lot 618874, colourway 1962 ombré
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi), 419.7 m

Top right: Schoppel-Wolle, Admiral Ombré, dye lot 618878, colourway 1959 ombré
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi), 419.7 m

Bottom left: Schoppel-Wolle, Admiral Bambus Seide, dye lot 518775, colourway 1982 hand
Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)


This is what I got for Christmas from my grandmother. (I knew I was getting this since I placed the order myself.) I'd been wanting to get that particular yellow yarn for ages and this was the perfect opportunity to buy it at last. Since you can't buy anything under 15 Euros, I added a similar blue yarn that, unfortunately, doesn't look nearly as nice as it did on the shop's website, and I treated myself to a rare hand-dyed yarn as well. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it turns out that I really love the colours and am wondering if they will look equally as nice when knitted. You never know with yarn! I tend to prefer solid colours or colours of the same shade, if variegated. Other colours simply distract from knitting patterns, which is a pity. That is why I abhor the usual self-patterning or colourful sockyarns. It's a pity because those happen to be the affordable ones too.

So far I only have plans for the yellow yarn that I intend to make into Lohengrin Socks. I wouldn't be surprised if I cast on today! I am sorely tempted to make something of the hand-dyed ball too, but I will have to go through my pattern collection first. This is exciting!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment