Tuesday, 11 November 2008

A Big Knit 2008 Beneficiary

You might remember Blueberry, the teddy I made just for fun some time ago. Last time I packed a box of goodies for Mark, Blueberry climbed in when I wasn't looking and travelled all the way to Englnd as a blind passenger. Luckily, he has his scarf with him and my old Piggy for company. He found a good home with Mark and his teddies and has been enjoying his time there, waiting for me to move in too.

As it is getting colder now, Mark visited his local Sainsbury's to buy some of the behatted bottles of Innocent Drinks smoothies. The hats on them were made for charity and you can read about The Big Knit here. By buying these, Mark helped to keep both elderly people and Blueberry warm at the same time.

I like the idea very much and wish I had known about it earlier. Next year I hope to knit some little hats too to send in. It is a great way to use up scraps of yarn while doing something helpful at the same time - and it's not every day that you see bottles wearing hats in the shops! So if you see them anywhere near you, please consider taking one home with you and doing a little bit of good that makes this world just that bit warmer.

1 comment: