Friday, 21 November 2008

Recycling a Hat

As I am trying to use up my stash at the moment and not buy anything new, I spent the last two days reknitting my vanilla Besotted hat in time for the snowfall expected today. It looked great the first time I made it, but it was a bit big and loose even for my large head. A few minutes ago I finished the reworked version and it still fits. I wish it were just a little deeper so that I could pull it over my ears completely if it gets too cold. As it is, the hat has the usual size of a well-fitting hat. I will be taking it with me to our knitting meeting this Wednesday and since it is meant to be very cold with snow, I will find out exactly how good this hat is now. Last year it was perfectly warm and I loved it.

Apart from Besotted, I will also be using my new gloves for the first time and wear my Swallowtail shawl along with a warmer one just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment