Saturday, 22 November 2008

New Magazine: The Knitter


Mark brought my attention to a new knitting magazine from Bath's local Future Publishing. I already knew of their magazine Simply Knitting (and still keep an eye on their job section). Its upcoming sister magazine The Knitter is aimed at more advanced knitters and offers at least 10 challenging patterns. The images above are of some that will be featured in the first issue in January. Look at those gorgeous pillow cases!
“Experienced knitters want a magazine with challenging patterns and inspirational ideas to really push their skills,” says Juliet Bernard, The Knitter’s new editor. “As the editor I’m looking forward to showcasing patterns by the best designers from around the world. As a knitter, I can’t wait to start knitting them!”(Simply Knitting)
I like the idea of a mag for advanced knitters and the more elegant air of The Knitter. Best of all, it has 100 pages! No wonder it costs a bit more at 5.99 Pounds. Still, I am sure it is worth it and will definitely take a look into it once I have the chance. I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nadia,

    I am sister to the Will at Knight~:o) Two questions. Do you know about etsy? and wanna swap blog links? Looking forward to hearing back from you~:o)

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magazine looks interesting and I don't think that it is too expensive given that it has 100 pages. All projects on the front page look interesting. I would like to look at the bags closer. The pillowcases look promising as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete