Monday, 13 October 2008

Tutorial: Eye of the Partridge Heel



I've seen pictures of socks with the Eye of the Partridge Heel like the one above (not my own knitting) a few times and find it quite interesting due to its structure. Since I can't sleep tonight, I've done a quick search and have come up with the following pattern:

Gail's Simplified Eye of the Partridge Heel

Row 1: Sl 1 purlwise, *k 1, sl 1 knitwise,* repeat from * to * end.
Row 2: Sl 1 purlwise, p to last stitch, k 1.
Row 3: Sl 1 purlwise, sl 1 knitwise, *k 1, sl 1 knitwise,* repeat from * to * last 2 sts, k to end.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2
Repeat these rows till heel flap is about 2 1/2 in or desired length.
As the title says, it is a simplified version of the original heel, but I haven't found that particular one yet. If I do, I shall edit this entry.

2 comments:

  1. Liebe Nadja
    Die Strümpfe sind wunderschön geworden. Die Wolle gefällt mir auch sehr gut.
    Liebe Grüße Friederike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friederike,

    leider sind das nicht meine eigenen Socken, sondern nur ein Beispielbild. Irgendwann will ich dieses Muster aber selbst noch stricken.

    ReplyDelete