Sunday, 7 September 2008

WIP: Another Present for Marie

Now that Marie's birthday/Christmas socks are finished, I can finally start on her fingerless gloves with the new Merino yarn. It really is very thin yarn, I must say. I am using 2mm DPNs rightnow because anything bigger wouldn't work at all. It is a bit annoying to have to work this way because it takes ages, but it will look very good - perhaps even better than most other things I have made before.

I have decided to use Robin Griffiths' Twisted Hourglass Sock pattern for the upper side, but since this is only the beginning, I may well change my mind about it. I think that this pattern would like very good with this yarn and I don't want to make anything too fancy, which I am sure Marie will appreciate.

The thinness of the yarn is making me reconsider what I might do for myself later on. I think the best thing would be to make a lace shawl, but I doubt I have enough for something that size. Socks are a possibility, but would take ages, I think. However, I could try some very intricate patterns there, which I always like to do. As long as it isn't boring, I am all for it. Perhaps I will end up with yet another pair of fingerless gloves for myself, which would be thinner and therefore more versatile than the ones I have at the moment.

1 comment: