Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Marie-Noëlle

Half of my friend's birthday present is complete! I have really enjoyed making these Marie-Noëlles - named after my friend -, mainly becaus they are probably the most beautiful items I have ever knitted so far. This, I assume, is due to the fine yarn that was a lot of work to knit with, but proved to come out very nicely in the glove.


Materials:
  • 2.0 mm DPNs
  • Hamburger Wollfabrik: Merino extrafein (3-ply); colour 610
  • Pattern: improvisation using some charts Robin Griffith's Hourglass socks. I used the chart for socks for men and the side panels.
Pattern:
  • CO 90 sts
  • k1tbl, p1-ribbing for about 3-4 cm
  • knit top half in pattern and continue ribbing on the other half
  • start thumb gusset after 3 repeats and continue for two pattern repeats
  • put thumb sts on spare thread and knit the rest in the round in pattern till one pattern repeat is completed
  • ribbing until desired length is reached (here 6 rows)
  • BO
  • pick up the thumb stitches + 3 sts
  • knit in k1 p1 ribbing for 6 rows
  • BO
Done!

1 comment: