Monday, 11 August 2008

WIP: Sheherazade

Since I am not really making any progress with Susurra at the moment and it is a bit frustrating to say the least, I decided it was time to find another project in the meantime. Shehrazade (the original pattern is named Scherherazade's Slippers - I renamed them because I don't think this is how you spell it and that just drives me nuts) is a sock pattern I have had my eye on for a while. I had some yarn for it and decided to give it a try, but my goodness... this is a tough one. Not because it has any difficult stitches, but because the pattern is so terrible to read. I wish there were written instructions to go with it because the few notes that come with the diagramme really aren't very helpful. I had so much trouble only a few rows in that I had to start over and over again! It took me three days only to get this far. I can't seem to knit more than a few rows in one sitting because it takes ages to do for some reason, I always have to stay glued to the pattern, and mistakes easily creep into the knitting. It's all because of the stitches that need to be slipped from the instep to the sole.

Still, I know that when I finish these socks, they will be beautiful. I have no idea when that will be though!

No comments:

Post a Comment