Friday, 8 August 2008

WIP: A Neverending Project

Oh dear. It's been ages since I started working on Susurra. I was glad once the top half was done since I had had to knit it three times, and once I started on the lace section I didn't expect too much trouble. Well, I was wrong.

I finally finished knitting it today and used up all of my two skeins of Schachenmayr Nomotta Catania only to find that the whole thing doesn't fit. At all. I will need twice as many stitches, as I suspected at the beginning, so I have now frogged the lace section and doubled the stitches. I hope that's enough! I will give it another try and see if I can afford to buy some more yarn. It is not looking good at the moment though.

Nevertheless, when I tried on my Susurra it felt very nice and comfortable. I am sure it will be worth all the trouble in the end - whenever that is.

1 comment: