Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Where There's a WIP, There's Not Always a Way

Well, it turns out that I can't work with the Sheherazade pattern after all. It is so full of errors that it drove me mad every few rows. I had finished the entire foot and heel section when I realised that there were mistakes all over even though I stuck to the pattern. So I have given up on them and unravelled this sock completely. One day I would like to try it again, but I won't trust the pattern anymore. Instead, I will try to improvise and see if that works any better.

So now that I have some more blue yarn, I decided to start a pair of Christmas or birthday socks for Marie-Noelle. Luckily, she and I have the same shoe size, which makes the project a lot easier. I am improvising a design and am enjoying it very much. Right now I am using the cable pattern from Firestarter. How the rest will look, I am not yet sure. I just know that the gusset and heel will be different from Firestarter because that caused me a lot of trouble last time. I may use the same rib on the leg, but I am also considering a different cable patter. I will decide once I get there.

1 comment:

  1. "Neues Spiel, neues Glück" ;)
    Echt schade mit den anderen Socken, aber ein Weihnachtsgeschenk ist ja auch was Feines!

    ReplyDelete