Friday, 29 August 2008

At Long Last: Firestarter

It does make me wonder why I can knit a sock without ever looking at the pattern, but if I follow it closely, things just don't work out. It's a mystery.

Since my first attempt to knit the Firestarter socks didn't work out at all, I decided to give it a try by simply knitting it the way I think it should be done. This didn't solve the problem of the heel that, for some reason, never looks the way it is meant to. In this case, I thought I would leave it and just knit the heel without paying attention to the details that were the reason for the problem. It looks good the way it is even though it isn't perfect.

I have made these for a friend's birthday and I hope she'll like them. I tried them on myself and they fit very snugly (note to self: add a few stitches for my own wide feet). For an improvised design this isn't bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have realized that it's improvised or the heel is not like it should be.

    ReplyDelete