Saturday, 12 July 2008

WIP: Susurra Top Section Done!

Ignore the fat lady - focus on the bikini top.

Progress at last! After starting over, here is the result of the top section. From now on I will be working in lace from the top down. Once I find new yarn, that is. I used up 2 1/2 skeins so far and expect to need at least 2 skeins for the rest.

I am very happy with how this section has turned out this time. The colour is even, I made no mistake and it is a comfortable and very soft wear. I reckon I could use this pattern for summer tops at some point, so I better write it down later. I especially like how the top parts in the middle to become the bikini triangles. The straps are good for this type of garment, but if I made a summer top I might make them a little wider.

Since our summer has been taking far too many breaks with rain and wind, I have not yet felt the need for a light top. I hope it will be a better summer this year than the last!

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. Can you please tell me what the modification was to make it this way - I like it much better than in the magazine (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I hope to see the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you for your comments here.

    It's been a while since I started knitting this top and, unfortunately, I am not going to finish it because it is now to big for me. I might knit it again at a later point though.

    Since it has been so long, I don't remember how I made the triangles now, I'm afraid. I suspect these were simple decreases in the middle of each other row: ssk, k, k2tog. That is probably how I would do it next time.

    ReplyDelete