Monday, 28 July 2008

More Stitchmarkers

Especially on weekends when I feel creative, I like to make stitchmarkers. Unfortunately, I have now run out of some bits and pieces without which I can't make any more for some time. I am not sure when I will be able to shop for them again, so I will be forced to take a break. I did manage to make three more markers to add to my collection, I am happy to say.

The golden pair is made of glass beads and garnets. Originally, I wanted to make earrings out of them because they are rather lovely, but I decided against the idea in the end since I haven't been wearing any for a long time now. I just keep forgetting to! They turned out very beautifully in any case and I am looking forward to using them sometime. The single red marker is made of carnelian and a green glass bead. As usual, the beads were taken from old necklaces or came from the Netherlands.

I have found that the method I used here is the easiest: instead of using wire, I am using nylon string, which makes nice loops without me needing to apply any tools to bend it in shape. This way I get done very quickly as well, which can only be good. I am very proud of these latest ones!

1 comment:

  1. Thin jewelry wire can be bended as easily as nylon thread, too. I can show you my markers out of this wire later.

    ReplyDelete