Saturday, 28 June 2008

WIP: Susurra

For quite some time I have been thinking of trying my hand at something bigger than I have done so far. I had several jumpers in mind, but since it is summer now, I decided to design something for warmer days. Or nights, more precisely. What I wanted to do was make a babydoll with an ordinary knitted breast section and lace below. Svetlana at My Knitting Island posted a modification for her ribs and lace tank that I thought would be ideal for my first big project. Unfortunately, the pattern as given there is not quite right and I had quite a hard time trying to figure out how to get it right. I shall post the results once I have finished Susurra.


I only came up with the name for it yesterday while watching a film with Spanish subs. Susurra means whisper, which seemd very suitable for this babydoll.

Today I will finish up the second cup and strap before deciding on exactly what kind of lace pattern I want to use for the rest of it. I will choose it from the new book (see previous entry), and I am sure it will be a combination of two different kinds of lace. I certainly want to try some more fishnet lace to make the item look light and airy. That won't be easy because the material is too thick, actually. I decided to go for a cheap yarn for this first attempt instead of buying something expensive only to find that I can't do it in the end.


I do, however, have an idea for a nice summer top and would like to use a summer yarn for it instead. Something with bamboo would be perfect.

1 comment:

  1. oi... adorei seu site...
    se puder passa dar uma olhada no meu também...
    http://raturbano.blogspot.com/
    abraço...
    ate

    ReplyDelete