Sunday, 22 June 2008

Teddy's Bag


There's gonna be one happy teddy in Bath soon!

After having made a mini sock for Mark's teddy to use as a bag, I decided to make him a proper bag as well. This was a scrap yarn project once again and a simple knit - nothing special. I cast on 12 stitches, knit till one side was done, and then knitted on to make the back by picking up stitches from the front part's sides to make the turn. Once all stitches were picked up and I reached the top of the bag, I crocheted the strap and then bound off the edges.

Since Teddy is a very sophisticated teddy, I also made him a tiny book - A Bear of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, Penguin edition 2008 - to fit into his new bag. Now it's all wrapped up in pretty paper, tied with a string, and his nametag on it. What more could a bear want?

2 comments:

  1. Does the teddy look like Mr. Bean's one? ;) I wanna see a pic of the bear "wearing" all this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the teddy is really tiny, maybe 10 cm tall. I will have to ask Mark for a picture of the teddy wearing it all. Right now he is wearing one of my mini-socks as a bag.

    ReplyDelete