Saturday, 5 April 2008

Summertime Blues and Greens



Summer is nearing even though it doesn't look it, so it was time to start on a hat for warmer days. I found this German pattern, the only one that seemed suited for summer. It is not one I am particularly happy with because I don't like the lace pattern too much, but it was worth a try anyway.

I used a different yarn than listed, and since I bought it online I had no idea I'd end up with what was essentially a double thread yarn. That is why my hat is not as light as it was meant to be. Ah well.

Materials:
  • Lana Grossa Binario Print (dye lot 9103; blue-green)
  • 4 mm circulars
  • 4 mm DPNs

After blocking, the hat is much wider. Mine turned out too short for my liking and I might yet add a different edge to lengthen it. or I might make it all over again with another yarn. As it is, the hat is probably a bit too warm for summer, but I love the colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment