Saturday, 5 April 2008

Planning Phase: Simple Delights Socks

At the moment I am designing new socks to use up some of the left-over yarn I have. I am using the same yarn I used for the Nereid fingerless gloves because I adore that colour and the shine.

Materials:
  • 50g (for now) Fabiani Micro-Plus Colori
  • 2.5 mm DPNs
I've gathered together patterns I like and am trying to out them together in a way to please the eye. I am knitting the toe section of the first sock right now, giving the design a try and hoping that it will look good. So far I have decided to knit the sides of the foot as coin cross cables (also feature here, among others) and to have a simple narrow collumn of zigzags running centrally from toe to edge of cuff. The zigzag pattern will consist of a knit background with the zigzags running along it in purl. It will be easier to understand once I take pictures and write up the final pattern.

This is the first serious attempt at designing a sock instead of just putting together a cuff of one pattern with the foot of another and the heel of yet another pattern. So, inevitably, this is a bit more complicated at the moment, but it should be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment