Sunday, 6 April 2008

Planning Phase: Simple Delights Socks 2

Hm, this designing is turning out to be a little more complicated than I thought. The picture above shows the result of three corrections. It still isn't quite right and I have decided to move on to a different yarn (Lana Grossa Meilenweit Bosco - I used this one for the Queen of Cups socks before) instead since the colours here make the pattern harder to see, as I suspected. I am not sure how much better the new yarn will be, but we shall see.

I am working on the toe again and would like to add a few more increases (since the cables make the sock a bit tighter than usual). This means, however, that I will also need to add a bit of ribbing between the cabled side panels and the middle zigzag panel. I had already added some, but they aren't visible here since they aren't prominent enough. I'd like to improve that.

I'm typing up the pattern both in advance and as I go along - first, to have some pattern to go by and, second, to make corrections as I go along. This way I can't really make mistakes. Or so I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment